WOW, 100 and I'm Sick!

Sunday, October 3, 2010


Those blasted Aliens! No, that was not a story line I actually do have an awful early cold. You know one of those colds where you wish you were 10 again and Mom could take care of you. Not an option and that is not the worst of it. How much worse can it get?

For starters as tired and sick as I am, a water line broke dead in front of my house. From midnight to 4 in the morning I listened to jack hammers and backhoes tear up the street. If the noise were not bad enough each vehicle had a yellow strobe light attached to the top. Lit my bedroom up like a disco.

At one point, literally I had to talk myself out of just shooting those blasted disco lights. My rationale was I needed water for my homemade spice tea, that and I was sick, but the really SAD thing?

Sometime during my self induced coma I surpassed 100 followers! The bad part is, Blogger won’t give them up. (My followers will not load)Thanks to the 100th follower noticing their place in my world she kindly noted the fact in her comment.

My 100th follower was Bossy Betty. I just met Betty through The Redheaded Riter so we are still getting to know each other. I can tell you I really enjoyed what I read on her blog and would encourage all to visit. Since we are on the topic of followers…

I have hoped of someday having 100-plus followers and now that the event is here, I’m sick. I know many of you have surpassed this milestone and continue to grow; I on the other hand have struggled. I do not follow directions well; I hear a different drum.

I love my followers and the comments you leave escalate me into the stratosphere. There is nothing here in blog world more gratifying than having followers and comments.
When I follow you or comment on your blog it is a reach out. A way to let you know your words have touched me or moved me and I enjoyed it.

I want to say so much more to you my 100+ followers but I find myself zapped of strength and oxygen. Ms Bossy Betty I apologize for this not being more of a true celebration, I just do not have the energy.

Peace my children and take your vitamins.
To my European Readers, be vigilant and safe!


15 comments:

Tammy said, 

Congratulations on your milestone, and may the invasion in front of your house soon take off!

October 3, 2010 at 12:04 PM  
Paula said, 

Let me pass you a virtual tissue and make you a chickensoup - here from the European side of the world ;-))
I am happy when you reached a milestone important for you! Hope you feel better soon. Hugs and love!
xxx

October 3, 2010 at 12:16 PM  
RHYTHM AND RHYME said, 

Hurry up and get better Jules early colds or any colds are not pleasant. Hope you have a better night tonight. I have just got my 250 follower wow.
Congrats on your 100th once you pass the 100 they seem to follow in quick successions.

Take care.
Yvonne.

October 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM  
Anonymoussaid, 

I hope you get better soon and you're so sweet to even think of others when you're not feeling well. congrats on 100 followers!!!!

October 3, 2010 at 1:09 PM  
Alex J. Cavanaugh said, 

Congratulations on 100 followers! 102 right now.
Sorry you're too sick to enjoy it - or the disco lights in your room last night.

October 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM  
T. Powell Coltrin said, 

When you get to a 100, you are allowed a cold or two. I'm just saying....

Teresa

October 3, 2010 at 5:44 PM  
N. R. Williams said, 

I'm so sorry that you're sick. I hate colds. But I am delighted you reached 100 followers. I think I'd shoot those lights too.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

October 3, 2010 at 6:16 PM  
Unknown said, 

I'm sorry you're sick and to not get sleep on top of it... yikes.

However, congrats on your 100.

Get well soon.

CD

October 3, 2010 at 6:44 PM  
The Words Crafter said, 

Blech!!!! I hate being sick! Bless your heart, I hope you feel better ASAP!

I understand about the noise and lights. When we lived in our last apartment, we lived between a drug dealer and a dude who had band practice, with amps, electric guitars, and drums, from 5pm to 4am. The drug dealer had company in and out 24/7.

Yeah, I fantasized all sorts of evil things. If you'd shot out those lights, I'd have gone to court for you!

Congrats on your 100th follower, too!

October 3, 2010 at 8:12 PM  
The Words Crafter said, 

Blech!!!! I hate being sick! Bless your heart, I hope you feel better ASAP!

I understand about the noise and lights. When we lived in our last apartment, we lived between a drug dealer and a dude who had band practice, with amps, electric guitars, and drums, from 5pm to 4am. The drug dealer had company in and out 24/7.

Yeah, I fantasized all sorts of evil things. If you'd shot out those lights, I'd have gone to court for you!

Congrats on your 100th follower, too!

October 3, 2010 at 8:13 PM  
Natasha said, 

Congratulations on your 100!

And I do hope you get better soon.

October 3, 2010 at 11:19 PM  
Unknown said, 

Congratulations on the triple digits! And get well soon, Jules.

October 4, 2010 at 2:01 AM  
Golden Eagle said, 

Get well soon! Being sick is no fun . . .

Congratulations on 100 followers! :)

October 4, 2010 at 8:06 AM  
Deepali said, 

Congrats!! I hope you are feeling much better now.
- Dee from e-Volving Books

October 5, 2010 at 12:17 PM  
Bossy Betty said, 

Hope you feel better now!

October 6, 2010 at 11:34 AM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP