Do You Hear a Rythmic Chant?

Tuesday, October 12, 2010



I long to just become still. To quiet my wandering ways, take time out and merely be. I seek the ability to explore my soul and revel in all that I have been. Forever doomed I wander and the universe calls my name. Move; forever move. Where does stillness really lie? 

With the whisper of the universe I shutter but continue on my way. There is no place I truly can call home and no place to be just me. With the dawning of the sun I arrive, watch silently from a far and then with darkness I am gone. Can you tell I was even there?

With the wandering comes solitude, no friend’s can I simply call. I smile at you, I kiss your feet but loneliness is what I see. Never noticing you walk past leaving footprints etched in sorrow. I will cover up your sorrow, erase away the footprints and with the setting of the sun, slip away. Am I not your friend?

I enunciate no words of wisdom but rather call to you with a rhythmic chant. I chant for you to listen, to hear my calming lull. Close your eyes, breath slowly; allow my cadence to answer the questioning of your soul. Can I not be the rhythm of your being?

This description is what I though of  when I saw the picture above. The wave to me reflects the stillness we all long to have. When we are not still it is as though we forgot our way home. Not finding home leaves us with the sorrow of solitude, but if we listen…

Close our eyes, breath slow and hear the rhythmic chant; I feel certain its cadence will calm our questioning souls.

Because if you don't listen...


Today may you actually listen to and hear your very own rhythmic chant.

Peace….


14 comments:

Green Monkey said, 

oh Jules, that spoke to me...deeply! thank you. it feels like a gift.

October 12, 2010 at 8:23 AM  
Paula said, 

Oh the smyphony of the soul, the symphony of waves!

October 12, 2010 at 8:25 AM  
Mary@GigglesandGuns said, 

OMG! You write like this when you're sick? Amazing.
I'm keeping this one, if you don't mind. It's so beautiful.

October 12, 2010 at 8:27 AM  
Velvet Over Steel said, 

More Amazing writing & Beautiful picture too! You spoke to so many of us with this!! Thank you!

Blessings & Hugs,
Coreen

October 12, 2010 at 8:47 AM  
Anonymoussaid, 

love this, love the pics too.

October 12, 2010 at 8:53 AM  
Unknown said, 

Very poetic post. It moved like the beautiful waves you portrayed.

CD

October 12, 2010 at 8:56 AM  
Natasha said, 

This is absolutely beautiful.

But no time for the chant right now. All I can hear is my running feet. Maybe in a few days, I will catch up?

October 12, 2010 at 9:09 AM  
Cruella Collett said, 

Beautiful post - made me long for the sound of rolling waves (and I'm from the inland, I practically don't know what waves are...). Loved the pictures too :)

October 12, 2010 at 9:36 AM  
Alex J. Cavanaugh said, 

I need that peace right now!

October 12, 2010 at 2:39 PM  
Debbie said, 

So gorgeous! You've given us peace by just writing this.

October 12, 2010 at 4:37 PM  
Golden Eagle said, 

Such a peaceful post!

I love the images, too!

October 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM  
RHYTHM AND RHYME said, 

I thought this wonderful yet a kind of spookiness about it.
I hope you're feeling better.

Take care.
Yvonne.

October 12, 2010 at 5:55 PM  
OJ Gonzalez-Cazares said, 

I am traveling for work, and this post was just what I needed to close my eyes and feel better, feel closer - lovely, peaceful...like a mantra. Thanks!

October 12, 2010 at 10:37 PM  
N. R. Williams said, 

Nice...I wondered for a while if the wave itself were speaking. I enjoyed this a lot.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

October 13, 2010 at 1:08 AM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP