It's A Blitz; A Blogging Blitz

Monday, October 18, 2010

In an intense, energetic, concentrated attack we blitz you. Actually that is the definition of blitz but that is not the point. I’m here to tell you a story. Where were you in May of 1977?

Well, I was at the drive-in not knowing my baby sister was being born. Back then there were no cell phones or pagers, if you missed it, you missed it. Now I hear you asking, “What was so important you would miss you sisters birth?”

Star Wars! I was a huge fan, loved the movies and thought nothing could be better, wrong. If I were to describe to you; a married man living in the Carolinas, listening to music, watching movies and working in web design and graphics, would you really think of George Lucas?

I wish I knew George Lucas but nah that’s not him. It is my blogging buddy Alex. I know Alex through the blogging world but would love to know how his imagination truly comes to him. Here, look at what I mean:



Pretty cool, huh? I’d like to remind you Christmas is almost here. His book would make a great present for the science fiction buff in the family and to guide you in the proper direction here are the links to purchase this gift.



Amazon
Barnes and Noble
BAM
Powell

Also available on as EBooks.




I’d also like to remind you, that we all are striving to be published and to be totally awe struck upon seeing our work on shelf, Alex is achieving our dreams. Congratulate him, support him and spread the word. We all know some science fiction freak. (I say freak lovingly)

May the force be with you Alex. And when I’m published I expect the same. Now where is my bottle of wine?


11 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin said, 

Amen and cool. This is super exciting.

October 19, 2010 at 12:19 AM  
RHYTHM AND RHYME said, 

Wonderful post Jules, good luck to Alex too.

Yvonne.

October 19, 2010 at 6:39 AM  
Golden Eagle said, 

Congrats to Alex! Great post, Jules!

October 19, 2010 at 7:39 AM  
Glynis Peters said, 

He offered you wine...ALEXXXX!

It is great to see a blogging buddy do well, and to see him around the world today.

PS: May 1977 I was taking a nursing exam. :/

October 19, 2010 at 10:47 AM  
Summer Ross said, 

I wasn't born in 1977 lol Good post Jules! Alex is achieving his goals I have told him so already. Its wonderful to promote him like this.

October 19, 2010 at 11:14 AM  
Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said, 

Now wait just a minute while I knock the cobwebs out of my old brain. Ok, there I go. I had a three year old taggin' me around and my belly was just startin' to blossom with my baby girl lookin' so cool in my psychedelic maternity tops! Heeeheheh!

Yep, I've been hearin' about Alex's great book on some other sights. It's gonna be a must read by the fire this winter.

Ya'll have the best beautiful 'fall day and may God bless ya'll!!! :o)

October 19, 2010 at 11:24 AM  
Alex J. Cavanaugh said, 

Summer, you're a young thing!

Thanks, Nezzy.

And thank you so much for such an awesome post, Jules! I knew yours would be super special.

October 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM  
Ella said, 

Great post Jules~
I agree we need to support each other; It is amazing to live your dream!

October 19, 2010 at 6:14 PM  
Velvet Over Steel said, 

It's so great Alex has so many friends and supporters here in blogging world! Great post, Jules! I ordered a copy for my youngest son who I know will love it!!

Big Hug,
Coreen

October 19, 2010 at 7:41 PM  
The Words Crafter said, 

I'm trying to remember 1977, and all I'm coming up with is KC & The Sunshine Band.

I'm loving all the support for Alex's new book around the blogverse. Impressive!

October 19, 2010 at 10:19 PM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP