My Lonely Little Morning Star

Sunday, October 24, 2010

I gaze out at a small orange band of color; almost dawn. There just to the left holding onto the last few twinkles of night is one lone star. Like the pulse of my universe this star beats in simple white. I stop to watch the lifeline and ask, “What happens when the sun out shines your beat?”

The twinkle of the star slowly ebbs and with one last twinkle, winks and says “goodbye.” The sun does seize this moment and declares for all to hear, “I’ll take this morn.” The explosion is in a glorious array of victory splendor; daybreak is here. Oh my, the sun has won. The lonely star has gone. To where has my morning star gone?

With the dimming of the star, I feel the agony of its lost beat. I realize dawn has over taken you and at dusk a twinkled pulse again will once appear. I know of whence my star has gone. Do I dare tell you where?

The star seeks darkness, to pulse light into the ebony that lies within ones heart. It wanders forever across the vastness of night, twinkling and staying one-step ahead the sun. Pulsing to a rhythm, it gives us meaning to the night. Do you feel the beat of the lonely little star?

There way on the other side of the world from me, where darkness is about to fall, sneaks my lonely little morning star. Twinkle, pulse, and with darkness a full blow star. Waiting patiently for your wishes from afar.

This is where my little morning star has gone. To the darkness I cannot see. For you it now beats, align yourself with the twinkle of my star. Share with it your wishes and all the thoughts you dare not tell. Then right before the sun seems to catch my lonely little star…..

Send it back to me and in the night together we will be.

I had to write something and this just popped in my head. I hope it makes sense.

Peace….



12 comments:

Jemi Fraser said, 

It's lovely - thanks for sharing :)

October 24, 2010 at 3:27 PM  
Summer Ross said, 

Have you ever thought of writing childrens books? The cloud story and this one would be great with a rainbow story, and you could even put it in a series.

It just seems with a little work- you could really do it.

anyway, I love your imagination. have agreat sunday!

October 24, 2010 at 4:40 PM  
Karen Jones Gowen said, 

Ode to the Morning Star-- loved it!

October 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM  
floweringmama said, 

How amazing, thank you for sharing this. :-)

October 24, 2010 at 7:26 PM  
floweringmama said, 

Hey Jules, thanks for the comments on my blog. I really appreciate it. If you'd like some dill let me know and I'll be glad to send you some!

October 24, 2010 at 8:30 PM  
Tammy said, 

What a lovely thought. Thanks for sharing your star.

October 24, 2010 at 9:33 PM  
Unknown said, 

Well, it's beautiful for something that just popped into your head. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

CD

October 24, 2010 at 10:19 PM  
Anonymoussaid, 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
October 25, 2010 at 3:12 AM  
J.C. Martin said, 

I think it was sweet and lovely. :)

October 25, 2010 at 8:06 AM  
OJ Gonzalez-Cazares said, 

this is cute! I love the sense of sharing and the fact that there is always the other side of the same story - dark and bright!

October 25, 2010 at 9:35 PM  
Anonymoussaid, 

Where there's a will, there's a way.

April 29, 2011 at 12:40 AM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP