Are You Apart of "One"?

Thursday, October 7, 2010

In the gentleness of night they sleep. Their warm, soft bodies lay still against the other and calmness fills the room. There is no need for emotion, no need for senseless wanting; just the need for rejuvenating slumber and the velvetiness of a touch. Can this not be the simplest joy of living?

No they are not lovers. According to all that is written they were not even suppose to be friends. Against all forces of nature, somehow, life long companions they have become. With no preconceived agenda in their heads and listening only to their hearts, the simple feeling to need another cemented them as one. Is this not how it is suppose to be?

The dawning of the day brings movement and begins to stir this unity of one. One rises silently and gently from their slumber, now exiting out the room.  The other lies in stillness and hides the fact of knowing; the other has left the room. Is everything all right?

Once again they find them selves with the slendor of the day. The sun brought back the light, and their vision is now restored. Looking ever so lovingly into the other they do not see flaw or fault. To them there is no need for such ugly images; after all, it will not keep them as one. Don’t you want to be apart of one?

All throughout the day they abound in this joy of one. It has never occurred to them it was not meant to be. With their first meeting, a submissive greeting conquered differences and formed an unbroken bond. If one is sick or threatened the other will lend a hand. What the world does not know?

That in the gentleness of night they sleep, a touch is all they need. That not all that is written is true. That by listening to the compassion of ones heart evils can be tamed by simply asking, “Is everything all right?”

With the dawning of each and every day, we should look past the ugliness. Greet it with a submissive greeting and scream, “I want to be apart of one!” And what the world does not know?




These are my dogs. I have taught me well.




Thanks for all the comments yesterday. I will not be doing any product reviews unless it is for some 6-figure deal.


18 comments:

Golden Eagle said, 

That's a beautiful piece!

October 7, 2010 at 8:55 AM  
Not Hannah said, 

Lovely...we can learn so much from the pups.

October 7, 2010 at 9:23 AM  
asadisae said, 

a very interesting blog, please visit my blog too ... thank you

October 7, 2010 at 10:01 AM  
Mary@GigglesandGuns said, 

What an awesome piece.

Check my Tuesday blog there's something for you there because of pieces just like this.

Mary

October 7, 2010 at 10:11 AM  
Unknown said, 

I thought you were talking about dogs when I read this because I see it in my two Boxers. They do everything together, play, sleep, fight, run, bark. What a great place.

CD

October 7, 2010 at 10:23 AM  
OJ Gonzalez-Cazares said, 

my dogs rock!! they are my loyal companions, my friends, make me laugh and protect me when I'm alone... they are the best!! I couldn't imagine my life without them.

October 7, 2010 at 10:24 AM  
Aleta said, 

This makes me a little sad.... when I started NaBloWriMo, I posted about our dog and that we had to put her to sleep. She was in such pain.

Your post reminded me of her younger health and energy.

October 7, 2010 at 10:50 AM  
Anonymoussaid, 

We love our dog. He's a Yorkie but getting up there in age. Kids want to get a new dog like the one in Lady and the Tramp. The lady dog.


Stephen Tremp

October 7, 2010 at 10:55 AM  
N. R. Williams said, 

I had so many different visions of what and who the characters were. A nice surprise at the end. Well done.
Everyone is invited to my blog Halloween party.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

October 7, 2010 at 12:19 PM  
RHYTHM AND RHYME said, 

It's surprising how much we can learn from animals. They look to us to be fed, they trust you, but at the end of the day you have a friend for life.

Take care.
Yvonne.

October 7, 2010 at 12:34 PM  
Arlee Bird said, 

Nicely written little essay. I can't really relate to it now as I haven't had a pet in many years and don't plan to have one any time soon. I do remember the affection shared by me and my dogs, but they were outdoor dogs and hated being in the house.

Lee
Tossing It Out

October 7, 2010 at 2:32 PM  
Carolyn Abiad said, 

Nothing quite like the companionship of a dog, is there?

October 7, 2010 at 3:05 PM  
unnamed lad said, 

i love this! our four legged kids truly are our kids:) we would much rather have them with us then any two-legged companions when traveling.

October 7, 2010 at 6:13 PM  
Summer Ross said, 

Its amazing all the little things that end up mattering. great post Jules!

October 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM  
The Words Crafter said, 

I had a German shepherd and a cat who were the very best of friends....

October 8, 2010 at 7:05 PM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP