A Worded Wednesday....Awards

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

In lieu of being wordless I have awards to acknowledge. Funny how blog awards are a blessing and a curse, don’t you think? Receiving them means someone has read your written words and felt it worthy of a badge. Then you are cursed into sending them on and having to sit for hours stewing over whom, whom do I send this on to?

The other day Ms Nancy at NR Williams, Fantasy Author awarded me a lovely acknowledgement. Nancy has a wonderful blog and I love her hump day improvisations. Besides she hosts a really good party. So hop on over and visit her.

The rules are as follows:
  • Post the award and thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
  • Share 10 things about myself.
  • Give 7 blogger friends the award and link back to their blog.

So, 10 things huh? Here goes.

  1. The relative I most resemble is a stick of dynamite. I am shorthaired, 5’3” and 109 pounds. We all know what happens when you light a stick of dynamite.
  2. I have a really warped sense of humor. Like taking all the pencils from your cube mate’s desk and sticking them in the ceiling tiles over his area.
  3. I believe every politician should have a pet monkey. Someone should be able to legally throw poo at them.
  4. I’m learning to compost and will again try to worm farm. Hopefully I will not have any Paris Hilton’s in the bunch.
  5. My favorite book of all time is, Wynken, Blynken and Nod as illustrated by Johanna Westerman.
  6. I once as a toddler locked my mother in the attic. Took a couple of hours of talking before I let her out. Funny we never really lived anywhere with an attic after that.
  7. My mother is a caregiver, my father was a fireman, my brother an EMT, both sisters are nurses and I’m a free spirit. As you know hospitals give me the heebie geebies.
  8. I prefer horses to ATV’s. I have never had a horse flip over going up a hill.
  9. I have been offered the opportunity to pay $150, do 4 hours of community service, attend a 1 hour traffic class and have my careless driving ticket expunged. But I have to hurry it is time sensitive.
  10. I love opening a drawer to find something I did know I had, use it for one week and then forget where I put it.
  11. I’m currently researching whether or not I can have a goat in the city. I want to make goat cheese and besides the girls would love playing with it. Not to mention it would drive my crabby neighbor crazy but that is back to my warped sense of humor.
I pass this on to:

Please check them out they are all worthy blogs.

I received this award from Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife and no I was not just returning the favor. Kathie makes me smile and I think we have similar points of view. Thank You, Kathie.


I received this award from Clarissa @ Listen to the Voices. I d not know how she listed everyone but it was very inventive. If your writing mystery, check her out. She has a wealth of information on to kill someone.


I received this award from Micelle Teacross for being supportive to writers. Well actually I got to choose the award and I like the picture on this one. Thanks Michelle.



As to these awards, they were passed on with no strings.  I’m passing these on in a different way. Look to the right where my followers are, see them? If your avatar is in the first three rows please take one of the above awards. Please, I cannot type and link all that.

You are one of my newest peeps and I love you to death for feeling me worthy of following. You are not un-noticed; I just have fallen behind in getting around to everyone.

Thank you all for your lovely comments lately, they have been both uplifting and inspiring.  You do not realize how much your simple words bring about such a joyous change to my day, thanks.

Peace…


26 comments:

Summer Ross said, 

Awww Jules- Thanks so much- I'll post about this on the 29th if I can. I appreciate you thinking of me.

October 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM  
Arlee Bird said, 

Enjoyed your 10 things. If every politician had a monkey, there would be an awful lot of monkey poo being thrown---actually I think there already is.

Lee
Tossing It Out

October 27, 2010 at 10:28 AM  
Jayne said, 

Congratulations on your awards! Gosh that is a lovely haul. :)

I love your ten things, especially the way you worded number 9. What a grand opportunity for you! I bet you were thrilled. ;)

October 27, 2010 at 10:51 AM  
OJ Gonzalez-Cazares said, 

thanks for sharing those details about you - loved them all (but the one about a pet monkey for politicians?? priceless!! In Mexico they would need a gorilla!!). My mom is a caregiver too and my sister is starting a career in the same field - nursing and caregiving; I am the free spirit! but do care a lot about my people (and my bloggy friends, are an important part of my people).

October 27, 2010 at 11:00 AM  
Bossy Betty said, 

Your response to these questions just confirms how very cool you are.

P.S. I would like a pet monkey too!

October 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM  
Flying high in the sky.... said, 

congrats!! .. the presentation of the award to other bloggers was beautiful!!! you have a beautiful blog!

October 27, 2010 at 11:13 AM  
Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said, 

As Jayne said, nice haul!! You arfe so deserving, congratulations! Your blog gets better by the day and I truly enjoy coming here to see what Jules is up to next.

Loved your ten things, did you have a Paris Hilton in your last bunch of worms? How about a Lindsey Lohan? (Who btw I love and I so wish she'd get her caca together!)

You're right about the horse. I have, however, seen one rear up so high that it fell over backwards on its rider. Luckily, neither were hurt badly. And the rider/owner eventually trained him not to rear.

Pencils in the tiles? Hmm, those sound like little weapons as they eventually fall out. And poor mama. She was probably beside herself worried about YOU down there with no supervision! :)

Congratulations, my friend, and thank you so much for my award!

~that rebel, Olivia

October 27, 2010 at 11:19 AM  
Corine Moore said, 

Jewels, I have never seen a blogger give awards like you do... Wow! How cool of you! and you deserve every award you receive. ;)

Congratulations to all the winners! :D
Corine

October 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM  
Anonymoussaid, 

congrats on your much deserved awards! The best part of awards like the first one is reading the facts about the receiver. Yours were definitely fun to read!

thank you for passing along to me!

October 27, 2010 at 12:01 PM  
Carolyn Abiad said, 

Congrats on the awards!(Goat in the backyard is an awesome idea, except the HOA would kick me out.) Thanks for the laugh! :D

October 27, 2010 at 12:22 PM  
Golden Eagle said, 

Congratulations on the awards! Oooh, I'm in one of those rows! . . . I'll have to post again soon.

Pencils over their desk?! LOL. If that counts as a weird sense of humor, mine's just as strange.

October 27, 2010 at 1:07 PM  
Alex J. Cavanaugh said, 

Congratulations on the awards!
And if you find a Paris Hilton worm, go fishing - immediately!

October 27, 2010 at 1:16 PM  
Karen Lange said, 

Congrats on the awards! Congrats also, to the new winners.

I'm with you on the horse vs. ATV thing.

Happy Wednesday,
Karen

October 27, 2010 at 1:48 PM  
The Words Crafter said, 

I loved reading your info. Number 3 is my favorite but they're all funny. Congratulations on the awards!!!

October 27, 2010 at 3:36 PM  
N. R. Williams said, 

You're fast on the draw. It took me weeks...but I was under the weather. I love the comment about politicians. Maybe we should start a fund to raise enough money and gift them with monkeys?
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

October 27, 2010 at 5:12 PM  
Elliot Grace said, 

...upon reading your ten things, I'm jealous of your crabby neighbor. Armed with a sense of humor like that, living nearby would be a hoot! ...with or without the goat:)

October 27, 2010 at 7:25 PM  
MTeacress said, 

My husbands horse flipped over on him - he rides ATV's now. *kidding* But really, his horse did flip over on him. Kudos for being a horse rider. I'm scared of them, and only admire them from a safe distance.

October 27, 2010 at 7:27 PM  
Tammy said, 

I want a goat, too. Am hoping it would keep my grass short. Enjoyed the 10 things, and congratulations on all those awards!

October 27, 2010 at 7:41 PM  
Gail said, 

Congratulations on all your great awards.

October 27, 2010 at 7:48 PM  
Velvet Over Steel said, 

Congrats, Jules!! You are so deserving!

Thank you for the very nice comments you always leave on my blog post! I appreciate that, your encouragment & friendship so very, very much!!

Blessings & Big Hug,
Coreen

October 27, 2010 at 10:13 PM  
T. Powell Coltrin said, 

Wow, it's like Hollywood on your blog today. Congratulations. I think you're right about the monkey. I'm just saying....

October 28, 2010 at 12:41 AM  
Unknown said, 

Congratulations! I have to admit that I enjoy when you receive awards because you always share interesting facts about yourself. Who knew you were related to dynamite?

I'll bet you never lived anywhere that would allow you to lock your mother into a room she couldn't otherwise escape from after the little attic incident, either.

October 28, 2010 at 5:17 AM  
floweringmama said, 

Monkey poo. You really said monkey poo! (maniacal laughter)

Congrats on your awards and thank you for passing it on to me. I have no idea how to link to the award or any of that fancy smancy stuff. I'll try and figure it out, though!

Thank you thank you!

October 28, 2010 at 7:54 AM  
Ella said, 

I love you 10 things list; so inventive,..eeew on the monkey!

Congrats on your award and thank you for the nod; I will try to pass it along, soon. I am guilty of hoarding, sometimes~

Thank you!

October 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM  
Paula & Skip said, 

Your 10 things list is simply hilarious. It is nice to get a glimpse into your life. A goat? Hmmmm

October 28, 2010 at 11:42 AM  
RaShelle Workman said, 

Hi! I found you through Summer. Great 10 things. A goat so you can make goat cheese. LOL Sounds fantastic.

Congrats on all of your awards.

October 29, 2010 at 9:08 PM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP