Can You Say: "Road Trip!"

Thursday, October 14, 2010


Hey, I’m not really here. No I’m not and right now I have no idea where I am.  By the time you read this I will be well on my way to a weekend adventure, a long weekend adventure. Fun right? Where am I going?

Before I divulge my mystery destination allow me to digress a bit. I have spent the last two days packing and preparing for this long, over due excursion and you know what? I realize now why I love backpacking.

With backpacking you take only what is required for survival and can fit in your pack. If it has a chord you do not need it. If you asked yourself will i get to…you don’t need it. If you cannot use it, eat it or wear it, leave it at home. Sounds simple… right? On the other hand, you have civilized traveling.

Every gadget you own has to go along, whether you need it or not. Try your best to prepare for the unknown and you end up looking like the Beverly Hillbillies on steroids. I so envy men and their ability to pack light.

Then you proceed to pack every imaginable clothing need possible and oh, yes they must match.  Another thing I like about back packing; I have never had squirrels don’t fall out of trees laughing because my camo was not chic.

Any who… I’m not going back packing, I’ve been blessed with better friends than that. A month ago when I was feeling sorry for myself about not seeing a beach, the phone rang. On the other end was a very dear, long time friend, inviting Ms Twister and myself to her beach house. I did not even know she had a beach house.

So as you read this I’m somewhere on a highway with sunny waves and shells on my mind, rushing to feel the sand beneath my feet. If you happen to be on a highway in Tennessee, South or North Carolina and you see this blue streak go whizzing by…

Wave, it’s me rushing to the beach.

I may or may not be here over the weekend. Internet is in question at the moment and no I’ll be on an island, no internet cafes there. :~) So just in case, please have a wonderful long, joyous weekend.

Peace…


21 comments:

Anonymoussaid, 

Enjoy!!!! :-)

October 14, 2010 at 8:05 AM  
Gail said, 

Wow! What a friend! Enjoy and relax.

October 14, 2010 at 8:11 AM  
Summer Ross said, 

I hope you have a truly relaxing weekend on the beach! Have a safe trip!

October 14, 2010 at 9:55 AM  
Alex J. Cavanaugh said, 

You have an awesome time!
If I could backpack indoors, I'd join you.

October 14, 2010 at 11:15 AM  
Ella said, 

Jealous; Nothing like a get-a-way to reawaken the senses! I hope this helps you feel better~ enJOY your trip, sounds fab! xXx

October 14, 2010 at 11:40 AM  
unnamed lad said, 

...don't know about the ability of men to pack light. i always pack heavy! but if you're on a warm sunny beach, one would think you'd need less clothes. then again, you being a gal and all, that's unlikely! but i hope you enjoy yourself. is it a clothing optional beach?

October 14, 2010 at 1:25 PM  
Queen-Size funny bone said, 

have a great time. escape is good....

October 14, 2010 at 4:30 PM  
RHYTHM AND RHYME said, 

You deserve your break, enjoy yourself.

Take care.
Yvonne.

October 14, 2010 at 4:33 PM  
Jemi Fraser said, 

Sounds like fun! Enjoy every moment! :)

October 14, 2010 at 5:14 PM  
Golden Eagle said, 

Have fun on your road trip! :D

October 14, 2010 at 5:47 PM  
Unknown said, 

Well, whereever you are, enjoy yourself.

Happy weekend!

CD

October 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM  
OJ Gonzalez-Cazares said, 

enjoy your tech free-back to basics-real human interaction weekend!! and tell us all about it - I wan't to remember what is like to talk to a human instead of type and to feel and smell the breeze, waves and blue sky instead of looking at a writing prompt(lol)

October 14, 2010 at 10:03 PM  
Paula said, 

Have a wonderful weekend and he, I am glad that there is not internet on the beach!

October 15, 2010 at 4:42 AM  
Arlee Bird said, 

I used to like backpacking but I think those days are over for me--I like the cushy life too much now. But I do love road trips! Have a great time.

Lee
Tossing It Out

October 15, 2010 at 8:14 PM  
Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said, 

I'm so glad you're getting a beach trip. Take some pics to post when you get back so I can get a bit of beach fix, too.

Have a blast! ~that rebel, Olivia

October 16, 2010 at 9:04 PM  
Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said, 

BTW, I like the two-column look much better. It's easier to read, not as busy.

~that rebel, O

October 16, 2010 at 9:06 PM  
The Words Crafter said, 

Woohoo, good for you with the beach trip!!! The first time I saw the ocean, the waves made me dizzy.

I hope you have lots of fun!

October 17, 2010 at 8:36 AM  
Tammy said, 

Oh, wonderful!!! Hope you're having a great time and taking a break from the allergies AND the grind!

October 17, 2010 at 12:35 PM  
Anonymoussaid, 

Have fun. Go nuts! Do something crazy. Just don't get caught.

Stephen Tremp

October 17, 2010 at 11:02 PM  
Paula said, 

Thinking of you. Hope with all my heart that you are gaving a blast!

October 18, 2010 at 10:04 AM  
Corine Moore said, 

I LOVE backpacking! If you ever go in the Idaho or Washington area... invite me! ;D I hope you had a blast!!!

Corine

October 20, 2010 at 10:29 AM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP