What Drives You Back to Bed...

Saturday, October 30, 2010

This must be my “Trick” day. Waking up at 3:30 in the morning this is what has finally driven me back to bed.

From 3:30 to 5:30am I tried to be as quiet as a church mouse. Bumped, stumped and mashed every extremity I have. (It is hard to whisper swear words.)

From 5:50 to 8:30am I managed to screw several things up related to blogger. Sent a message for help, got spam in return. (Sort of like finding a toothbrush in your Halloween candy.)
At 8:30am I phoned my grandmother the following was our conversation:

”Hello Granny, how you doin this morning?”
”I’m wobbling around in my pj’s. What are you doing?”
“Sitting here playing with dogs.”

Which lead to a lengthy dialog about her not being able to sleep with pets and her old beloved “Mitzy” being buried in the back yard which I will not bother you with.

”Did you know there is a conspiracy to take preachers off Television?” she asks.
”Why do you say that, granny?”
”Because there aren’t any on, it has to be conspiracy. I’m watching some cartoon in the 600’s. What happen to my other remotes?”
”Your other remotes do not work anymore, I hid them so you would not try to use them.”
”Well why don’t they work, do they need new batteries?”
”No, you have a new cable box and only that remote will work now.”
”I don’t have a cable box.”
”Yes you do. See that box with the red nightlight?”
”Oh yes, that is a nice nightlight but this remote does not work. What are you watching?”
”I’m watching the morning show, channel 9.”
”It will not go to channel 9, it is not working; I’ll just turn it off.”

I sat there listening to her television blaring in the background and knew she was watching the “Penguins of Madagascar.” The sound did not go off though.

”Is it not turning your TV off either?” I asked.
”No, I tell you it is not working.”
”Push just the single 9 and wait.”
”I pushed the nine and I did wait, nothing is happening.”
”Push the off button.”
”I’ve pushed that as well and I want it off until I get dressed.”
”Well you must be doing something wrong.”
”I am not doing anything wrong, I’m just pushing the off.”
”Where is the off button?”
”Off, right next to talk.”

Go ahead laugh, we both did. But I’m frazzled from being a self-help desk so early in the morning; I’m going to take a nap.

Peace….


10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said, 

Don't you love those challenged by technology?

October 30, 2010 at 11:05 AM  
Summer Ross said, 

That sounds like a conversation i have with my grandma about her computer. LOL she threw away the printer cable cause she thought it was "extra" and so her printer wouldn't work when she hit print and we had the darndest time trying to figure out why LOL.

October 30, 2010 at 12:08 PM  
Golden Eagle said, 

LOL. :D I'm sorry you woke up so early, but that was a funny story!

October 30, 2010 at 1:23 PM  
Debbie said, 

That is so funny! We just spent the day helping my mom and my 75 year old step-father who is in very bad shape and I feel like I lived this today!

October 30, 2010 at 8:01 PM  
Mary@GigglesandGuns said, 

You, sweet lady, have just made a memory!

October 30, 2010 at 9:20 PM  
Gail said, 

Sometimes the best things happen early.

October 30, 2010 at 10:42 PM  
Unknown said, 

Oh, that's so funny! THat would really get me up in the morning. My mom is like that and blind as a bat without her glasses. So she'd have to go get her glasses before she could tell me it was beside the 'talk' button.

CD

October 30, 2010 at 11:12 PM  
Tammy said, 

You made a great memory for me, too. I think that must be everybody's grandma!

October 30, 2010 at 11:49 PM  
Anonymoussaid, 

Good thng wifey knows just about everything electronic. She does wiring, can program the VCR so it actally displays the time, and can set up the cam corder to the TV so we can watch home moview. Me, not so much.

October 31, 2010 at 11:03 AM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP