Text Messengers Meet My Bad Angel

Thursday, May 20, 2010

As I was driving home the other day from running some errands, I began to get totally frustrated. As I looked around at the traffic that was causing my frustration an image popped into my mind. Want to know what that image was? Do you ever have dual images?

My image was a two-part picture, sort of a good angel bad angel thing. Where in the first half of the image I saw good ole Oprah preaching about text messaging and the second half was the dream of having newly installed battery rams on the front of my truck.

As I ran my errands I was constantly running into those drivers who felt the need to text message while driving. The first couple of encounters I was able to shrug off and just told myself it will be okay, no worries. By the sixth and seventh encounters however, my mental picture of Oprah was starting to emerge.

As I then encountered the eighth and ninth frustrations my mental picture was in clear view. Upon encountering my tenth driver I could hear myself asking, “What would Oprah do?” With that I rolled down my window and shouted, “Get off the phone, don’t you watch Oprah?” and was rudely given the finger.

This is where I lost Oprah and the second part of my vision came into view. I almost forgot it was a mental image too. As the finger flippin’ driver pulled in front of me I fought the urge, after all it was a sweet, young man in a cooper. No bad angel, bad angel.

I must have lost track of my emotions because when I came to I was about 3-inches from the small cooper’s bumper and able to see the driver clearly in its rear view mirror.  The reflection was that of child having an accident in their pants, that they just knew would result in a whipping, not to mention the cell phone was now flying in the air.

As I passed the little young man in the cooper I mouthed I was sorry but I was really thinking something else. I was thinking young men driving very small cooper’s should not flip off menopausal women driving big Ford trucks.



2 comments:

Anonymoussaid, 

I can envision you yelling out the window! Thanks for the laugh!

Lara

May 22, 2010 at 11:19 AM  
Jules said, 

You are most welcome for the laugh. Thanks for stopping by.

June 6, 2010 at 6:00 AM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP