Synthetic Life, Wenlock and Mandeville

Friday, May 21, 2010

Something happened on my way to bed last night. Somewhere along the way my mental wires got crossed and I totally confused two entirely different stories. Have you ever done that? Have you ever been watching and listening to something only to get the words and pictures messed up?

Last night as I readied the house for nightly shut down and prepped the kitchen for the morning to come I switched the TV to a news channel. I just wanted my nightly fix before I went to bed but what I got almost kept me up all night.


I had been in the kitchen preparing the coffee when I heard an account that caught my ear. The report was describing the new accomplishment of synthetic life and analyzing the pros and cons of such a discovery. I had to go listen to this where I could see the pictures as well.

Big mistake! By the time I reached the living room and looked at the screen, total confusion sat in. Surely what I was seeing is not this new synthetic life? What I saw was this.



.

This is not what they are trying to create, is it? I hope this is just their first attempt at this and they have improvements in the pipeline. I do not want to share a ladies room with one of those. Do they even need to go to the bathroom?

It wasn’t until I changed the channel to another newscast that I realized my mistake. The image that I had seen was a lead-in for the next story and not the synthetic life I had been so interested in. The picture was of the new released 2012 Olympic mascots. Whew, what a relief.

I thought I would have to write someone about that new synthetic life. Instead I get to listen to England complain about the cute little guys. What do you think cute or synthetic life?

Check out their web page Wenlock and Mandeville


2 comments:

Anonymoussaid, 

I think I've seen those people walking around. NO! they look better than most people today. What is it with the dress of today? The worst you dress the better they think they look.

May 21, 2010 at 8:52 PM  
mamadew1 said, 

Are their bodies turned around or their heads are on backwards?

May 21, 2010 at 8:54 PM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP