Sunday Update and Thank You

Sunday, August 22, 2010

I have been sitting here for a couple of hours now just trying to find the right words for this post; I’m not having much luck. I’m raw with emotion and have so many things running through my head I’ve made myself dizzy on a couple of occasions.

My father had what they call a small heart attack, small only in the fact they say it was a good thing. How can a heart attack be a good thing? It was good because it allowed the true picture to be revealed and the real picture?

The real picture is my father has three blocked arteries and stints are not an option, he must endure open-heart surgery. Tomorrow morning I will be awaiting the outcome of his triple bypass surgery and putting my entire world on hold.

We are a small family, close but small. When one is in trouble the others kick in and pull all sorts of double duties. In the last three days I have been a sitter, a waiter, the joker and the heart sick. I have been a chauffeur, a waitress, an apartment repairperson; a dog walker and a distraction but most of all, I have been a daughter. I have been merely a little girl watching her father in pain.

I have managed just enough time to read your kind thoughts and comments left on my last post. The comments, I want you to know, felt like an angel wrapping its wings up around me. You became my beautiful distraction, lifted my heart and I thank you. I feel ever so blessed to have followers such as you.

I wanted to write each of you a kind thank you but time will not permit. As to the wonderful awards you bestowed on me I hope you understand when I say I will get to them as soon as I can and thank you for thinking of me.

I hope to have free moments here and there and will do my best to read and comment on your posts. I know you will understand if my posts this week are sporadic at best, but the week before me is an unknown.

Do please keep my father in your prayers, as I will your loved ones and you.

By the way; I know why they call them HMO’s. It stands for, “Heebie-geebie Manufacturing Outlet,” has to be.

Peace………….

Photo by: ahpeng315 on Photobucket


18 comments:

Cruella Collett said, 

I am just glad to hear that your father is as okay as can be in that situation. I can't pretend to know anything about heart surgery or heart attacks, but my guess would be that a small heart attack that uncovers the problem while it is still fixable is better than a major one at a later time.

Since he is in the best of hands, I hope you are able to take a little care of yourself as well. It sounds exhausting what you're going through, and I hope you know that no one will think bad of you for not keeping up with your blogging and not being able to catch up with comments. Right now you must do what is right for you and your family. We will be here when you get back.

Still thinking of you.

*hugs*

August 22, 2010 at 11:09 AM  
Mary@GigglesandGuns said, 

Hugs and many prayers to all of you.

August 22, 2010 at 11:18 AM  
Francine Howarth said, 

Hi,

Chin up.

Best wishes to you and your family!

best
F

August 22, 2010 at 11:43 AM  
Corine Moore said, 

I have been so busy this week I haven't blogged much, so didn't know about your father being in the hospital; I'm so sorry. I will pray for your father, and for all of you to have the strength you need to get through this.

Corine

August 22, 2010 at 11:45 AM  
RHYTHM AND RHYME said, 

Jules, you and your family will be in my prayers. This will be a difficult time for you all but your dad is in safe hands. He as you say had a warning which something can be dealt with,and with the grace of God things will go well. We all here at Blogland will be here for you . there is always someone on line being worldwide someone is always awake.
Good luck and God bless you all.
Yvonne.

August 22, 2010 at 11:54 AM  
Sherry Blue Sky said, 

Jules, I found you through Ellie's site and am so sorry to hear what your father and your entire family is facing. My aunt had two bypass operations and they are very serious operations, she was in a great deal of pain. But each one gave her ten years of life she would not have had. Thank God they found this in time. I hope he comes through well. After the first few days, it will get better. The body is very good at healing. Take care of yourself. This is a very emotional time for you. I am glad you have such a great family, you will all pull together. Do take care and best wishes for the best possible outcome and many wonderful years ahead for your dad. Blessings.

August 22, 2010 at 11:59 AM  
Anonymoussaid, 

Jules, I'm so sorry to hear that. You're all in my prayers....just keep faith. My father had his heart attack 10 years ago now and reading your post, I immediately remember everything. It's a very anxious time, but have faith! My father pulled through and I know yours will too. :-)

August 22, 2010 at 12:26 PM  
Arlee Bird said, 

Many prayers are with you and your father. Hospitals are certainly not my favorite place to be, but they are a blessing for us when we need them. Take care.

Lee
Tossing It Out

August 22, 2010 at 12:26 PM  
Unknown said, 

I hope that everything goes well with your father's surgery. Please let him know your blogging community wishes him the best and come back when you can.

CD

August 22, 2010 at 2:20 PM  
Alex J. Cavanaugh said, 

You will be in my prayers. Trust in God.

August 22, 2010 at 2:55 PM  
Holly said, 

Jules, I'm so sorry you, your family, and especially your father are having to face this right now. I guess no time is a GOOD time. You all will definitely be in my prayers!! (((HUGS))), love, faith and prayers coming your way!! Please update us on how things go!!

August 22, 2010 at 8:20 PM  
Summer Ross said, 

I can't offer much but warm thoughts, Sometimes its easier to be distracted when life throws a curve ball. I really do hope the surgery goes well for your father, and I'll still be reading along the way even if they are sporadic. Remember to rest for yourself too, I know its hard with so much going on, but resting can't help the mind and the body, and if need be just post a whole bunch of jumbled thoughts on your blog, and I'll post a whole bunch on the comment to go with...:) smiles

August 22, 2010 at 9:46 PM  
Velvet Over Steel said, 

Sorry to read about your dad; however very grateful that it was discovered and that something can be done. You dad and family are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!

Have faith and Take care, Jule!!!!
Blessings and Hugs,
Coreen

August 22, 2010 at 10:16 PM  
T. Powell Coltrin said, 

Jules, Prayers, prayers and more prayers for all of you.

A couple of years ago, my mom was on the verge of having a massive heart attack when my sister talked her into seeing a doctor. Her dr. told her she wouldn't have gone another week without a heart attack. She had to have surgery. The entire thing was horrible and yet it was a blessing. She is doing fine today.

Thinking of you and praying.
Teresa

August 22, 2010 at 10:44 PM  
Ella said, 

I believe he will be fine; you will see this in a different light.
It could be a blessing, giving insight he needed help...not massive, small. Today, so many options. I lost my Dad at 18; If he had these options I truly believe he would have survived. Your Dad has been given a 2nd chance! What a wonderful daughter, you are!!! Treasure each moment; Life is a gift, this is why it is called the present! Miracles happen every day...you will see a changed man, soon! xXx

August 23, 2010 at 12:44 PM  
Tammy said, 

Sending prayers and best wishes. Hope all is going as well as possible.

August 23, 2010 at 4:54 PM  
Natasha said, 

Just want you to know you are in my thoughts and I am sending all the positive thoughts that I can muster your way.

August 24, 2010 at 10:45 AM  
Unknown said, 

Thinking positively for your father and you, Jules.
*big hug*

August 25, 2010 at 5:28 AM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP