A Sunday Short

Sunday, August 29, 2010

I try really hard to make my Sunday posts short, day of rest and all. Today I will make no exception, I will try again to keep this short. I just have a few things to say.

First and foremost! My father is home!! YEAH, but I’m well aware the road is a long one. I just pray he knows it. They live in another city, so yesterday I only spoke to him on the phone. His voice reflected that of a child receiving everything they had asked for on their Christmas list. He was home and they did not; yet, take away his gravy and biscuits.

Which brings me to all the beautiful comments. Thank you just does not seem to even come close to what I want to convey to you but will have to do. You should know though, you kind sentiments and the fact you cared cannot be measured in mere words. To each of you I send a big Kentucky bear hug.

To my new followers. WELCOME! Thank you for being here. As you can tell I’ve been a little pre-occupied with my family but you have not gone unnoticed.

To all of my followers. I have fallen behind in visiting and commenting I know. This to shall pass. Slowly I will be returning and leaving smiles in your comment forms, promise.

To those I awarded this week. I apologize for not stating how special each of you and your blogs really are, YOU ARE!  Please check them out, each are deserving for their very own special reasons.

New Awards. I must pass on a HUGE thank you to Alex, Yvonne and Lee. They have each passed on an award to me, which I plan to take care of early next week. You three are wonderful, great, and dear to my heart, you mean the world to me.

Which by the way, I’m linking my awards to the person who presented it.

Now I’m off to rest, relax and find something calming to get into. Peace be with each of you this wonderful Sunday.


15 comments:

The Words Crafter said, 

Hey Jules, since I'm fairly new, I had to go back a bit and find out what had happened. I'm glad your father is home and that they caught all the stuff in time. I will keep your family in my prayers. Hopefully, you can find something to rejuvenate yourself with. Have a very peaceful Sunday....

August 29, 2010 at 9:10 AM  
Paula said, 

Like the words crafter I am new here. Glad to hear that your father is improving. I will keep you and yours in my thoughts. Hugs across the pond.

August 29, 2010 at 9:27 AM  
Corine Moore said, 

Yeah! :D I'm so happy that your father is home!!! It is amazing how much you can care about someone you haven't even met... just from the glimpses of their souls from their writings. ;)
I hope you and your family have a very peaceful Sabbath...
Corine :D

August 29, 2010 at 10:19 AM  
Mary@GigglesandGuns said, 

Very happy your father is home. Now go take care of yourself. RELAX!
Much love and prayers.

August 29, 2010 at 10:29 AM  
Summer Ross said, 

I am so very happy for you and your family that your father could return and they haven't taken away his biscuits and gravy :) Have a wonderful day my friend!!

August 29, 2010 at 10:31 AM  
RHYTHM AND RHYME said, 

Sp pleased your father is home, but as you say he has a long way to go, but I am sure he will make it.
Have a lovely quiet day.
Take care.
Yvonne.

August 29, 2010 at 11:31 AM  
Sarah said, 

Rejoicing with you!

Delighted to meet you. Hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a great spot to slip of my shoes and wade in His goodness.

Splashin'
Sara

August 29, 2010 at 12:53 PM  
Unknown said, 

I read A LOT of blogs so I know what it's like to get behind on the blogs. But, please, don't stress yourself out with regards to my blog. If you miss commenting on my blog a day, a week or a month or two, I won't hold it against you. I understand what you're going through.

CD

August 29, 2010 at 1:32 PM  
Debbie said, 

What great news about your dad! That is just so good to hear.

August 29, 2010 at 5:27 PM  
Gail said, 

Fantastic news! Congratulations on your awards.

Rest and relax, tomorrow is another day.

August 29, 2010 at 9:00 PM  
Arlee Bird said, 

Good to hear about your father and those biscuits and gravy sure sound good -- haven't found really good biscuits and gravy out here in L.A. yet unless I make 'em.

And thanks for the kind words. The feeling is mutual.

Lee
Tossing It Out

August 30, 2010 at 2:22 AM  
Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said, 

I'm just thrilled your daddy is home. I will continue to keep him in my prayers. I got tickled about the biscuit and gravy comment. I always make my dad that (who has had leukemia for over 20 years) and he just beams!

God bless you and enjoy your day sweetie!!!!

August 30, 2010 at 9:58 AM  
Anonymoussaid, 

Enjoy your day off and rest up the brain and body. Very important. And you won my Weekend Folly caption. No prizes though. Although you will win an award later this wek when I post them.

htStephen Tremp

August 30, 2010 at 11:04 AM  
Ella said, 

I am so happy for you and your family!!! xXx

September 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP