Blue Monday and Here's an Award

Monday, August 30, 2010

Oh, its Monday and my bad angel is in a full blown war with my good angel. I can hear the battle raging in my head and it is giving me a head ache. Monday is usually when they chose to pick on one another. Do your alter egos ever go to war?

I awoke at 5 this morning thinking it was going to be a pretty good day, you know positive thinking? It did not work. The minute I looked in the mirror my bad angel went on a torrent. This was followed by good angel trying to reason with the bad angel. By 8 o’clock I felt like I was in a bad war movie.

I am having a blue Monday and I’m refusing to give in. I do however, enjoy the music my bad angel has chose as war music. Nothing better than listening to the sound of that slow, delicate roll of fingers down a scale, gently bending the strings and heading into a turn around that steals your heart, The Blues. Appropriate, don’t you think?

Since I’m not going to give in and divulge why my bad angel is trying to make me feel sorry for myself; I thought I might go ahead and pass on two of the awards I received last week.

The first award was passed on to me by Alex @ Alex J. Cavanaugh. Alex is such a wonderful follower and commenter. I love his reviews and his insight on so many things. I also want wish him the best and most profitable success with the release of his book. Thank you Alex for the award.


I am passing this on to:

Tabitha @ Through My Eyes. Tabitha write some beautiful pieces. She makes me think and feel, I like that. Most worthy of a visit.
The Words Crafter @ The Rainy Day Wanderer. I’m just getting to know The Words Crafter but I love what I have learned so far, check it out.
Queen Size Funny Bone @ Queen Size Funny Bone. I love humor and real things. She holds them both, check her out.

Second came one from
Arlee @ Tossin it Out. Now Lee has become special to me because we share similar views on many things, except pet hair. lol It has become a personal requirement to read his Sunday posts, they center my soul. Thank you Lee, for everything.

This award I’m sending on to:
SUMMER @ My Inner Fairy.  Thanks for the encouragement.
CLARISSA @ Listen To The Voices. You are just special when it comes to comments.
Yvonne @ Welcome to my World of Poetry. I had to give you a comment award. Such a trooper you are. If you don’t comment I start to worry about you. What a special person you are.

Passing on awards is very hard for me, I want everyone to have one. Now Yvonne also gave me an award but I’m running out of time. I’ll pass that on later, maybe tomorrow.

I’ve got to go start the peace talks for these two angels of mine. Wish me luck.


24 comments:

N. R. Williams said, 

My children are generally the ones fighting. But when I do have an inner conflict I am liable to either break down in tears or order them to sit in the corner. It depends on how much sleep I got.

Congratulations on the award and also to all the recipients.

Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

August 30, 2010 at 11:27 AM  
Unknown said, 

What are you saying!? I'm a stupid commenter? Oh, never mind, it says SUPER commenter! Well then, thanks! ;) I'll post it on Friday. Sorry to hear you're blue... tell the demon angel that Clarissa said to shut up!

Clarissa

August 30, 2010 at 11:28 AM  
unnamed lad said, 

good morning, Jules:)

playin` the blues, eh? spent the last 15 years stoned to the bone and listenin` ONLY to the blues. oh...did those walls ever vibrate! had to pack away my blues and the rock and roll music though because i'm still walking a fine line here. there's nothing wrong with the music!!! it's what's wrong with me:) it wouldn't take much for me to fall back into where i was for such a long time. even had to stop listening to Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, and Avril's version of "knockin on heavens door. but i can't stay away from Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic." i don't know which artist yet that i prefer listening to singing those two songs. Kevin Cochran also does a great job with the mystic. hopefully you'll get over this speed bump and continue on into a wonderful day, Jules!

August 30, 2010 at 11:30 AM  
Alex J. Cavanaugh said, 

Hope that award can bring a smile to your blue day!

August 30, 2010 at 11:51 AM  
Natasha said, 

They keep fighting to gain control over me too!

August 30, 2010 at 11:55 AM  
RHYTHM AND RHYME said, 

How strange that we both had ideas about looking in the mirror?
There do seem to be two angels fighting who is going to win the day. Hopefully by the end of the day the good angel wins,

Thank you very much for the award.
It's extrememly kind of you and like all awards I will treasure it.

I'll let you into a secret "I Fallen In Love" .

Take care.
Yvonne.

August 30, 2010 at 12:07 PM  
Arlee Bird said, 

Thank you for saying such a nice thing. Glad we met in the cyber/blog world.
I too woke at 5 this morning, but no inner conflict just another regular Monday morning where I woke up 40 minutes before the alarm was to go off. But things are fine.

I know what you mean about passing the awards being hard. I don't want to slight anyone and would like to pass them on to all of my readers, but putting all those links in and all takes a lot of time. But it sure is nice when others think about us in this way isn't it.

Lee
Tossing It Out

August 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM  
Paula said, 

Oh Jules, I am so sorry for the BLUES. Mirrors can be a touchy topic... yet I have started long ago to blow myself a kiss every morning in the bath room mirror (mostly without lenses, means I wont see to clearly how tousled and wrinkly I still am ;-) at the begin it felt weird, but only at the begin... now I think Mondays can be better then teheri reputation. Love to your angels...

August 30, 2010 at 1:09 PM  
Velvet Over Steel said, 

Congrats on the awards, Jule's!! You so deserve them. I hope you're day gets better. I did love the way you wrote about it though... good angel vs. bad angel. I could 'picture' that internally and can so relate. :-)

Big, Big Hug to Cheer you up!!!
~ Coreen

August 30, 2010 at 1:29 PM  
Summer Ross said, 

Jules- Thank you for the award. I'm so glad you like my comments. you're such a sweet individual. I don't have time to pass out awards right now but when I get the chance I'll pass them on, it will be a while. I will however post them with a thank you on my blog homepage. Your are a terrific person to read in blogs! always so sweet and caring. I really do hope the best for you.

August 30, 2010 at 2:14 PM  
Cruella Collett said, 

I know exactly how you feel. Only it feel like the angel has quit entirely, and the bad angel has multiplied. Now they are battling over which bad decision I get to make...

Fortunately the good one returned at last. We had such lovely autumn weather today, and I couldn't stay grumpy and blue all through my walk home.

Good luck in overcoming the blues!

August 30, 2010 at 2:30 PM  
Mary@GigglesandGuns said, 

Do you think we all share the same two angels? Seems everyone gets them at once.
Chin up and smile. Visit a crazy blog for a laugh. Do something silly--skip down the street (but please wear clothes) lol

August 30, 2010 at 5:55 PM  
Gail said, 

We have to feel the blues now and then or we wouldn't know when we have really good times!

Congratulations on your awards.

August 30, 2010 at 8:27 PM  
Tabitha Bird said, 

Congrats to you on those awards and thank you for your kind words about my blog :) I am honored :)

Congrats on your awards!

August 30, 2010 at 9:36 PM  
Smart Mouth Broad said, 

How can you be blue with so many lovely awards on your shelf? Hang in there.

August 30, 2010 at 9:38 PM  
The Words Crafter said, 

Hey Jules! I've just learned to ignore the voices in my head. It makes them mad, then sad, and they're nicer to me for a while. Don't know if it will work with your angels, though. You could just threaten to tell Daddy on them!

Thanks for the award, you're so sweet! I'll try to get it passed around this week.

If you want something to make you feel better, check out today's post. This Monday has been interesting for me....hope your Tuesday is better :)

August 30, 2010 at 10:26 PM  
Fragrant Liar said, 

Well Monday only lasts 24 hours, and then it's over!

In fact, as I type this, it's almost Tuesday. Already!

August 30, 2010 at 11:10 PM  
Jules said, 

Thank you all for the kind wishes to the Blues relief, I found it late last night. Thanks Yvonne, you're a hoot. :D

You are welcome to those thanking me but the feeling is mutual.

To all those who comment, I Thank You! You made my day. :D

August 31, 2010 at 5:59 AM  
Anonymoussaid, 

Well young lady, this is how it goes. I look in the mirror and wonder who that old lady is and where did the years go? But then I realize I have had 70 wonderful years and Blessings that I don't deserve. Four beautiful children and 4 grandchildren who reward me daily. sometime heart break but mostly love that fills my heart to the breaking point. Blue! what do I have to be blue about? I have my health, two good eyes, hands and 2legs and a God who loves me no matter what. When I feel sorry for myself I just look around at others less fortunate that me and look at others and I know I am Blessed.

August 31, 2010 at 7:03 AM  
RosieC said, 

Congrats on your awards.

I'm sorry you were feeling down yesterday. Today's a new day, and I wish you all the best in feeling better!

August 31, 2010 at 9:16 AM  
keishua said, 

It must have been something in the air. my monday was pretty rotten, too. Hope all is better.

August 31, 2010 at 1:43 PM  
Corine Moore said, 

LOL! This is awesome! :D I have never seen a blogger so loaded with awards, so regularly! That is cool. :) Good for you, and thanks again for the one you gave to me. (You are a sweetheart! ;)
Corine

August 31, 2010 at 8:25 PM  
Glynis Peters said, 

I hope all is well in your world asap. Congratulations on your awards!

September 1, 2010 at 5:47 AM  
Unknown said, 

I hope Monday passed quickly for you, Jules. I, too, am trying to catch up with blog reading. I'm not online as much lately and when I am, it's a frenetic click-through from post-to-post. Good to see your father is home. I hope he's recovering quickly!

September 2, 2010 at 5:00 PM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP