Thursday, July 15, 2010
Yesterday I had the honor of being recognized by a fellow blogger and was Tagged in her post. So what on earth have I been tagged for and whom bestowed this honor on me? Well of all things I was tagged to reveal the contents of my purse and the tagger was Olivia over at The Rebel With A Blog.
First, let me get this out of the way. I would like to THANK Olivia for this milestone this is a first for me, being mentioned on another blog. Aren’t firsts just grand!
Now my purse. Let me begin by saying for those whom know me know purse is not in my vocabulary. Bag, satchel, grocery tote are more to the true description of how I pack around my essentials. Besides the definition of purse is, “small pouch for carrying money,” therefore my bag is more a survive kit. Look…
This is the bag I carried around when I did work, it looks big but it is not. I bought it at an artist fair and it supposedly transforms into three different configurations. Small, medium and backpack as I carry it, but I lost the instructions as to how to transform the thing. So what goodies does it carry?
I know it does not look like much but in that photo are the contents of what use to always be in the bag. Lets go through these in listed order. Going top left down and back up.
- Wallet. Nothing big, I only have a drivers license and one credit card, besides this fits well in my second bag which I will show you later.
- Fountain pen and mechanical pencil. I had a rollerball that matched the fountain pen but lost it on a job site.
- Small Journal. My idea vault or boredom buster.
- Old aspirin box. Contents: Advil, Benadryl and a muscle relaxer. The later I used on the big ego, always stressed Architects I worked with. It made meetings so much mellower.
- Eye glass cleaning rag.
- MP3 player. My first multi-purpose tool. At work, they assume you cannot hear the gossip, at the grocery they assume because you cannot hear you cannot see.
- Mini-Recorder. Second multi-purpose tool. Someone won’t quit talking set this on the table.
- Empty baggie. It use to carry snacks for the day that I would at times share with the street people.
- Spare change. I love to put money in meters for people whose time is about to expire.
- Small Army knife. My last multi-purpose tool. Knife, scissors, screw driver, cork screw and bottle opener, all-in-one.
- Flash drive. Never know what you might want a copy of.
- No that is not a shotgun shell, it is a lighter see below.
- Flash light. I use to work on the 26th floor of a building where the power constantly failed and we were forced to walk down stairs with no emergency lighting. Ever since then I carry a lighter and a flashlight. On one trip down I had a lighter explode and had no back-up.
- It has also held on occasion small toy trucks, an umbrella, unfinished work and anything Ms. Twister could not fit her small purse.
I have always been a practical girl and to carry on my shoulder everything but the kitchen sink was never practical to me. Now that I am unemployed I have no real reason to carry a bag at all. I can fit everything I need in either my hand or in my new tote. Please allow me to show you my new Tote.
Yes, multi-pocket shorts are my new Tote of choice. I find this a lot less wearing on my back and it still will hold my wallet, keys and my last multi-purpose tool. Never know when you will need a cork screw.
That’s it folks, my bag and it's contents. Nothing exciting right? However I must pass this on. Sorry to say, I can not tag the Queen (I've always wanted to know what was in her bag) and since my new Tote is a pair of shorts I hope this opens new possibilities. Like you gentlemen of the blog world. So let's see what they carry in their pockets or their man bag if you will. I will tag the following:
Thanks again Olivia. This was fun.