I’m On To You!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012


My Dearest Secret Love;

I have no idea as to how long we have played this dangerous game nor how we ever met, too much time has passed. Our secret rendezvous have become the meaning of my life and I have found myself craving you more and more.

There are those who gossip behind your back and what they say is never good. You are enchanting and prey upon the weak. Lure them in, fill them with goodness and then, slowly break their heart. This is not the love I know or is it?


When I look back on our rendezvous meetings maybe it is? Our time together always begins with a cordial greeting and then my hands go to work. I caress you gently not caring one iota about all your imperfections. But the way you have begun to look at me gives me cause to ponder the gossip.

It is always I who turn up the heat when things get cold between us. It is always I who lather edibles on your imperfect body so my tongue can later remove.  It is always I who prod you for more when you think you have given all you can. There seems to be a lot of “I’s” here my love.

For this reason I have begun to doubt our relationship, I doubt the intent within your heart and mine. I Googled you my love, sorry but I had to know the truth.

Truth is the gossip was real. You are no good for me and yes, it is only a matter of time before you break my heart, literally. For this reason I am changing the locks on my door and saying farewell to you.

I know this will come as a shock but you will heal. I, on the other hand will need time. So for my sake do not try to reach me, I will contact you if I’m so inclined.

Yours truly….

And my secret love… his name is Mr. Baked Potato. Do not get mixed up with him.

RainbowPeace…

Technorati Tags: ,,,,


25 comments:

Larri said, 

Ah, the breaker of many hearts. All his eyes have been on me. I dumped him...for mashed cauliflower. Truly, not that bad.

Happy Wednesday! One of my favorite posts you've written, Jules! ☺

January 4, 2012 at 8:32 AM  
Alex J. Cavanaugh said, 

At least it's not Mr. Potato Head! He's bad news.

January 4, 2012 at 8:34 AM  
Summer Ross said, 

So you have ran into Mr Baked potato as well- LOL- very cute post Jules! I was waiting for that hooking line that would tell me what you really meant to say, if anything in your writing I have learned there is always two meanings.

January 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM  
DL Hammons said, 

Hmmmmm....butter....sour cream....bacon bits...chives! *sigh*

January 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM  
RHYTHM AND RHYME said, 

You had me on the edge of my seat reading this. Did Jules have a secret lover?????Loved the twist at the end.

Thanks for your visit, much appreciated as always.

Yvonne.

January 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM  
Julie Flanders said, 

Damn Mr. Potato, I always knew he was a bastard. I'm with Yvonne, you had me on the edge of my seat as well. Loved the ending, haha. :D

January 4, 2012 at 10:16 AM  
Green Monkey said, 

yes, I have a Mr. Potato head ... Alex is right, he is trouble!

I had my way with Baked, just two night ago. It had been way too long so I smooched him then smothered him in butter and sour cream. I'm giving him up too, him and Mr. Noodle, Mr. Rice and a cluster of other carbs. Sadly, my muffin top tells me, there is no other way...

January 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM  
Unknown said, 

I had an affair with this starchy culprit and boy did it end badly. I'm still recovering. I had to lock my doors, change the locks and barricade myself inside. It was ugly. Love this post, so honest...baked potatoes really are the most calorie laden things, especially the way I like them. :)

January 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM  
Lisa Ricard Claro said, 

Aw,man, I wish I could say "I can't relate to this." Trouble is, I can. And do! Help! My name is Lisa, and I'm a baked-potatoholic. . .

January 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM  
L. Diane Wolfe said, 

I'm in trouble then, because I eat baked potatoes all the time. I'm a vegan, so cutting them out would be difficult.

January 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM  
Susan Flett Swiderski said, 

Baked potatoes aren't all that bad; it's the stuff we love to slather them with. And I yam pretty sure sweet potatoes are good for you.

January 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM  
Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said, 

Yep, I've had a few encounters with that Mr. Potato. I have to say he has a big head and his eyes go in all directions. He burnt me once and I had to just mash his little heart!

Heehehehehe!!!!

Gotta go...I could have fun here all day. :o)

God bless and have a fantastic 2012 sweetie!!!

January 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM  
Paula said, 

Oh,oh, I love baked potatoes - no way I would endanger our relationship, but then my type is the Scandinavian kind.
If you inclined, let me know. Love ya, girl.

January 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM  
February Grace said, 

Don't get me started on his cousin from France...there's a real heartbreaker for you. Of course I heard a few years ago they changed his name to Freedom...

January 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM  
Lost_without_a_Map said, 

Ahh-hhh, that is so not fair. As I was reading it, I was thinking, 'Sounds like how I talk to a piece of chocolate cake.' Lol. How can you talk the same way to a baked potato?

January 4, 2012 at 5:16 PM  
The Blogger Formerly Known As said, 

Oh really, Jules! How could you? I thought he was my vegetable! I thought I was the one who got under his skin. And now I find out like this that he’s been in the mouth of another!

January 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM  
Golden Eagle said, 

I broke up laughing at the end of this post. :)

January 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM  
Li said, 

Ah, but the potato raises serotonin levels...a much healthier means of self-medication than pharmaceuticals. Cheap and legal too ;-)

January 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM  
Velvet Over Steel said, 

You had me going... although I know you better than to think anyone could really have that kind of control over you. HA! I so thought it was going to be Mr. Chocolate though... not Mr. Potato! lol

January 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM  
farawayeyes said, 

Ah, but I love him so. That dirty,two-timing,double-crossin' spud.

January 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM  
Kelley said, 

This post was amazing! I too, like the other have been with Mr. Potato its not often but I don't see them ever ending. You are a very brave girl. Loved the post.

January 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM  
Karen Jones Gowen said, 

mmm craving a fling with Mr. Baked Potato right about now.

January 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM  
Nicole Zoltack said, 

I prefer Mr. Mashed Potato myself. LOL

I found you from Alex's blog and am now your newest follower. Nice to "meet" you!

January 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM  
Karen Lange said, 

Who knew! Thanks for the heads up. I'll be on the lookout...

January 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM  
Tammy said, 

Ah yes...a masher, that one. He reeled me in too, the cad! :)

January 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP