Are Your Wires Fuzzy?

Thursday, July 1, 2010

I thought yesterday would be an uneventful day that I could mark off a couple of items from my long list of procrastinations. After all I had started the day with a doable game plan and a can-do attitude. But what I received instead was a startling discovery. So I have to ask, are your wires fuzzy?

Last week my housemate had inherited a new television stand. After spending a week of running into it in the dark and bruising every toe on both feet I felt it time to find its place. If you have not moved your television in awhile I would highly recommend it.

It seems if you do not move the television occasionally it starts to morph into something other than electronic. And I know this because?

As we pulled out the old stand in preparation for the swap to the new one, we both at the same time screamed, “OMG!” What is that fuzzy dead, creature back there? Why, even the dogs left the room. I being the brave one of the house stepped up to the plate.

I took a step closer and heard my housemate ask, “What is it?” As I tired my best to distinguish the fuzzy mass all sorts of strange creature images played with my imagination. “I’m not sure,” I explained “but it’s not moving.”

As I gathered my nerve and slowed my heart rate down a bit, I reached in. It felt soft and fuzzy in my hand, was brown in color; I’m sure it was dead. But wait is that it’s spine I feel? I began to follow the one hard, solid thing I felt and traced it all the way back to, what the?

It was a wire running from the cable box to the television, but what had caused the metamorphous? After spending an hour or more removing the residue from all the wires I came to a conclusion.

Like all other things left unattended to their own demise they will transform them selves, like a cucumber left in the refrigerator. I had left my wires unattended, tired to save power and cut off their daily life source, thus my wires had transformed.

I’m just glad I popped in for a check when I did. Imagine if that had actually spread to the television set. “Yes, officer I know it is a television but in the dark it looked just like a person with a soft, fuzzy Afro, so I shot it.”




4 comments:

Arlee Bird said, 

Another hazard of television comes to the surface.

Lee
Tossing It Out

July 1, 2010 at 12:59 PM  
Belle (from Life of a...) said, 

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me over at Life of a Southern Belle. I think Kentucky is cool...our daughter's Godparents lived in Louisville for a time. Plus there is bourbon...can't go wrong there. Looking forward to having some time to explore your blog this weekend. Come back and see me sometime.

July 1, 2010 at 6:42 PM  
Jules said, 

Lee,
Yes mine was a hazard, yours was a god post.

Belle,
You are welcome and I will be returning. But try and have some fun during the holiday.

July 1, 2010 at 7:01 PM  
mamadew1 said, 

Hey Girl!
These electronic things have things pulsating through them and you never know what's coming through wires. We might get over taken one of these days so WATCH OUT! When we have machines smarter than we are we are in trouble!

July 2, 2010 at 9:37 AM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP