It's a Two for One Day

Monday, August 16, 2010

Oh my, my! Yvonne started something wonderful, I'm so glad. Yesterday I received not one, but TWO awards in one set of comments, each from a blog friend. Since I began blogging I have always wondered about these awards and now I'm finding out. So without further ado, let us begin.

The first award bestowed to me came from my good blogging buddy Kathy @ Just a Happy Housewife. She is a pink sort of girl that I get a huge kick out of. You never know where this pink lady may lead you. People, check her out! She has Recipes. Kathy Thank You!

What is your signature color?
I have no signature color. Duh, Rainbow! My least favorite is “Red.” I don’t like being noticed.

What is your most embarrassing moment?
Well this would be a Sunday out for dinner with Ms. Twister and her family. I was being taught the fine art of “dishing people” when an elderly lady with a horrible, leopard skin, pillbox hat walked in. I began to “dish” the lady about wearing her stuffed pet in a restaurant, everyone was laughing. Then Ms. Twister says, “Hey that is Aunt Margret.” I thought she was kidding but NO, she was not kidding. It was her Aunt. My education for the day was to ask before I dish, it may be a relative.

Would you ever get anything pierced other than your ears. If so, what?
No and I might add that no amount of alcohol dulls the pain of piercing your own ears.

Are you a social butterfly or a homebody?
I’m a “Social Butterfly with a built in homing device.”

Are you done having babies or do you want more?
Oh, I’m done! The return policy is so lacking. Something about having a little me running around gives me nightmares. I do have (3) furry babies though and yes I want more. As many as the backyard will hold or Ms Twister will let me keep.

Are you loyal to your hairstylist or do you try every salon in town?
Oh I'm loyal! He understands being unemployed and trading objects for payment appeals to me. Besides I’m a wash an wear sort of girl, no styling involved.

How many times have you moved in your life?I don’t have that many digits. I once moved so many times the Sheriff trying to serve me called to see if I really lived there before he drove anymore. That year I moved 11 times.

If you could plan your vacation with just you and your love where would it be?
A deserted island with a mere cabana boy to serve our every need.

Thank you Kathy. Nominees, check her site out for the rules.  And the award goes to.....

Yvonne at Welcome To My World of Poetry  It's only fair. :D
Gail At The Farm
JW at Journaling Woman
Holly at Diamond Potential
Mary at Guns and Giggles
Olivia at The Rebel With a Blog

Sorry 6 is the best I can do right now. Hope you don't mind, Kathy.


My next award came from Holly at Diamond Potential. Holly has a gorgeous soul and strives to help us all help ourselves. This award allowed made me acknowledge my blessings and I was humbled to be included in such a worthy group. Thank you, Holly.

1. What is your favorite dessert?
Creme Brulee and Red Velvet Cake.

2. What do you wear to bed?
The question should be, what do I wake up wearing, which depends on my hot flash level.

3. Do you get regular manicures/pedicures?
Oh no. I have ugly feet and hands no cures are known.

4. Did you play any sports in high school?
If it had the word “Ball” attached to it, I played it. I love contact sports, was never into golf or tennis though. Last time I tried tennis I could bench press 180 pounds, every time I returned a volley it went out of the court. We ran out of balls.

5. Do you have an iPod?
I have an MP3 player but it is not called “pod.” My mother taught me not to follow everyone over the cliff. If everyone has one, I don’t want it. Besides, I like pushing buttons, not so much tapping a screen. Every time I go to an AMT it says I’m not human and shuts down, imagine what an iPod would do.

Holly's Award is for awareness and I'm not really obligated to pass it on and honestly I can't...
She is my source for awareness, I would only duplicate her list. I STRONGLY encourage you to check out her site.With so much wrong on planet earth it is very up lifting to see someone who is trying to leave a footprint.

That's it, my NEW awards. I thank both of these lovely ladies for their recognition. Just so you, for Yvonne's award I did a happy dance that got confused with a rain dance and a brewin, followed by a dumpin ensued. I'll not be doing a real happy dance today, I need to be outside.



Technorati Tags: ,,,


14 comments:

Debbie said, 

Congrats on your awards! You really deserve them. You are the best kind of blogger - great writer and wonderful commenter!

August 16, 2010 at 9:54 AM  
Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. BarrĂ© said, 

Jules, I agree with Debbie. Yes you are! Congratulations on your awards and thank you so much for passing the one on to me. You're the best!

~that rebel, Olivia

August 16, 2010 at 10:18 AM  
Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. BarrĂ© said, 

BTW, we are very alike, just wait till I post my answers. :)

~Olivia

August 16, 2010 at 10:27 AM  
Corine Moore said, 

WOW! One is an honor and delight... two is simply sureal - in the most fantastic way! :D Congratulations!!!! :D

PS I loved hearing your anwswers to the questions; great writing... very interesting and FUN! ;)

August 16, 2010 at 12:37 PM  
Velvet Over Steel said, 

Congrats, Jules!! So deserving!! & Debbie is right, you are a Great commenter too!!

Have a wonderful week!!
Hugs,
Coreen

August 16, 2010 at 1:01 PM  
T. Powell Coltrin said, 

Congrats on your awards. Your blog is very entertaining. AND thank you for thinking of me.

August 16, 2010 at 1:33 PM  
Unknown said, 

I want to congratulate you on your awards. They are beautiful and ask wonderful questions. Love your responses too.

CD

August 16, 2010 at 2:29 PM  
RHYTHM AND RHYME said, 

Congratulations on your 2 new awards very, very deserved, I loved your answers.
Thank you for awarding one to me I will write my answers a little later on tonight( It's 8pm here)

Take care with all that celebrating
Yvonne,

August 16, 2010 at 3:09 PM  
Alex J. Cavanaugh said, 

Congratulations!
And precisely why I didn't want kids - no returns.

August 16, 2010 at 3:35 PM  
Arlee Bird said, 

My favorite part of the awards tradition is learning more about fellow bloggers. You had some unique answers.

Lee
Tossing It Out

August 16, 2010 at 4:58 PM  
Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said, 

I've been pokin' around in here and I have to agree. So congratulations on your well deserved awards girl.

From the happy hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa, ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day. :o)

August 16, 2010 at 5:41 PM  
Mary@GigglesandGuns said, 

Congratulations on your awards! And thank you for passing one on to me. However, I will not be doing a happy dance outside as I need to mow my lawn!

Mary

August 16, 2010 at 7:28 PM  
Jules said, 

I wanted to do a personal thank you to each of but eyes are swelling up from allergies. Please except my most heart felt thank you for your congratulations and kind words.

Your comments have made the several months most bearable for me. The awards to me are nothing without each of you.

Peace....

August 16, 2010 at 7:45 PM  
Anonymoussaid, 

Congrats! on the awards. Now I want some ice cream. Mint chocolate chip will work.

Stephen Tremp

August 16, 2010 at 7:47 PM  
Let's Talk, Leave A Comment

Going UP